TRY OUT DATE: AUG 11, 2012 KINESTHETIC CUE DANCE CLUB - 8006 OLD MADISON PIKE, MADISON, AL
*Have you always wanted to perform?
*Do you want to increase your skills FAST?
*Do you enjoy a challenge?
If yes is your answer....then MAYBE this is for you.
PLEASE..............Before you COMMIT to this.......here are some things to consider. I will not sugar coat anything. This
is real. Not trying to scare you or be mean. Just want you to know what is needed.
*****Read all the info here. It will help you in making a wise decision.*****
BEFORE JOINING A DANCE TEAM, THINK ABOUT THE FOLLOWING:
1. Do you have the willingness to learn and really want to learn?
2. Do you have the commitment level required to accomplish the tasks and will be able to perform?
3. Do you have any physical limitations?
4. Do you have any health issues?
5. Do you have any financial issues?
6. Do you have the right attitude?
7. Do you have issues with authority?
8. Are you a team player?
9. Are you punctual? (very important)
10. Do you have issues responding promptly thru phone, text or email?
All the questions above are very important. Please be honest with yourself. You will do everyone a favor by being
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING A DANCE TEAM.
1. Your skill level will increase.
2. Your confidence level will increase.
3. You get to meet knew people.
4. You get to travel to other places.
5. If chosen to perform at a congress, you get the benefit of performing in front of literally thousands of people and will
be able to take advantage of the performers benefits given by the organizer(s)
6. You get to promote salsa.
7. You fulfill your dream of performing.
1. Already knows how to dance salsa (have taken lessons)
2. Knows how to do a cross body lead.
3. Has decent balance.
4. Can do a basic right hand turn using the pivot method (this will help during multiple spins)
5. Willing to commit to a day for practice that we will talk about. This is for consistent practice. Practice will start off
with about 2-3 hrs practice time.
6. Willing to perform around the area and surrounding states (if opportunity arises)(schedule permitting)
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE INSTRUCTOR:
I, John "salseroblanko", will be the choreographer. I will always consider your skill level. The routine will be a step or
two above your skill level.
1. The first few hours you will learn body movement, footwork and some styling.
2. You will receive first class instruction how to perform.
3. You will learn techniques as you learn how to be a performer.
4. You will learn a routine that will be fun and bring up your confidence level.
5. As the team lead, I will not subject you to being embarassed by allowing the team to perform when they team is not
TRYOUT and PRACTICE:
I will try to make a decision during the first hour. After that hour we will go straight into practice. Give yourself 3 hours
for the tryout/practice day.
There will be cost involved...if you are not financially capable, then this is not for you.
For the tryout: each person will pay $5 for the tryout. I will try to make a decision in the first hour.
EVERY HOUR we spent at the study, each member will pay $5 an hour to pay for the studio.
Every hour you spend with me while we are learning the routine, you will be charged $25 an hour (each member).
If you are selected, I will collect the two hours of payment (1st and last hour of practice) plus the $5 tryout fee. Once
you learn the routine, I will no longer charge you my fee.
SAVINGS TIP: Learn the routine well and fast.
PLAN FOR FUTURE PERFORMANCE:
There are several performances locally and also out of town. We definitely target SALSA Congresses. We want great
representation. This means we have to be synchronized and really good routine. Also..to perform at the Salsa events in
I want 4 pairs. I will think about it if we can only get 3 couples.
Email me if you are interested , firstname.lastname@example.org